The Odessa College women's basketball team defeated rival Midland College, 61-51, to capture the WNIT title Saturday at Midland College's Chaparral Center.
Kamryn Lemon had a game-high 24 points to lead the Lady Wranglers (7-2), with Julan McDonald adding 10 to the victory.
Lana Marov scored 13 points to lead the Lady Chaps (7-2), with Bethany Theodore finishing with 12 points, while Grace Beasley and Ogechi Nwodo both chipped in 10 in the loss. Nwodo also pulled down a game-high 18 rebounds.
Midland College led by four after the first quarter (10-6), but Odessa College took control with a 27-point output in the second quarter and never looked back.
ARTICLE BY: ODESSA AMERICAN
- This is the second time in three years that OC has won the WNIT
- #22 Odessa College took down two ranked opponents in back-to-back days.
- Beat #19 Iowa Western 63-39
- Beat #17 Salt Lake Community College 56-42
- Julan McDonald was named to the All-Tournament
- Kamryn Lemon was named Tournament MVP